It's no secret that we here at Lonny are huge fans of the Knowles sisters. They influence most everything we do, from our afternoon workout routine (re-enacting Beyoncé videos does wonders for your glutes) to how we decorate (in our dreams). In honor of Solange's birthday, we've compiled five color lessons from the ultimate haute mama.
1. Embrace faded, muted hues. Such as baby blue, peach, and burnt orange—a deliciously summery color trio.
2. Don't be afraid to go bold. Head-to-toe persimmon with a punch of green? Yes, please. (This look works just as well at home.)
3. Mix prints and patterns. This is always a good idea. (See: Jonathan Adler.)
4. Add a pop of metallic. To brighten up your look—or a dark space.
5. Coordination is key. Pink nails to complement your metallic pink short shorts? Natch. Going tone on tone with texture is a great way to bring this look home.