Ten questions with Claire Chambers, the founder and CEO of Journelle.
1. What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
Opening my first store. I arrived early on the first day and sat in the dark, alone, amazed that it had actually happened.
2. What is your most prized possession?
For my 25th birthday, my mother gave me a stone we’d collected from my favorite alpine lake in California.
3. Who is the person who most embodies “style”?
I love Grace Kelly, but for a modern reference, I think Kate Bosworth is amazing for her classic, yet edgy, style.
4. In what historical period would you most like to have lived?
I’ve always been fascinated by F. Scott Fitzgerald’s portrayal of the 1920s.
5. With what fictional character do you most identify?
6. Where do you feel most inspired?
Oddly enough, on airplanes. Anything feels possible when you’re off the ground.
7. In your next life, who or what would you most like to be?
A deep-sea creature.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Lingering over a long summer dinner with my family as the stars come out, with lots of wine.
9. How should great lingerie make you feel?
Beautiful. A woman who feels beautiful can do anything.
10. What should women look for when shopping for lingerie?
Something unexpected. Most women have too much nude and black in their lingerie drawers.