It's been a couple months since we published our January / February double issue, but so much has happened around the Lonny HQ it feels like much longer.
As of this week, we have a new executive editor at Lonny. Her name is Irene Edwards and I think you're all going to like her plenty. Irene brings a wealth of publishing experience to the table and has held executive editor positions at both Sunset Magazine and 7x7 Magazine. Most recently she was Travel + Leisure's special projects editor. Welcome Irene!
But on a sad note, Michelle Adams, Lonny co-founder (along with Patrick Cline), is moving on to pursue her next endeavor. I'd like to personally thank Michelle, not only for creating such a timeless and beautiful magazine (not to mention pioneering the digital shelter mag genre), but for all the hard work and long hours she spent at the Lonny helm. So... thank you Michelle! You'll be missed.
Michelle leaves Lonny with a rich archive of past issues and we're all excited to add the March 2013 edition to the collection and share it with you today. It’s our first kids-themed issue, and it comes complete with tips on creating family-friendly, design-savvy spaces as well as homes where these tips are well-demonstrated. Other features include:
- Journalist and fashion stylist Jennifer Jansch’s nostalgic summer sanctuary in the Swedish countryside.
- A Connecticut weekend retreat decorated by designer Lisa Sherry.
- Jo Malone London’s magnificent global headquarters, created with the help of internationally renowned designer Rose Uniacke.
- The bright, soulful apartment of Lonny Editor in Chief Michelle Adams.
- Visits to two independent bookshops, London’s Heywood Hill and New York’s Printed Matter, showcasing the thriving literary cultures of their respective cities.
- Paris’ Le Royal Monceau, a hotel offering old-world elegance with a dash of Philippe Starck’s sophisticated flair.
...and much more. Check it out.
Enjoy the Issue!