Editor's Top 10: My Personal Favorite Moments From Lonny's June 2013 Issue
There were late nights, close calls, and stressful moments aplenty... but at last, Lonny's June 2013 issue is here. And isn't she a beauty? Packed with beautiful interiors, emotionally rich weddings, and a ridiculous amount of eye candy, this issue is above all packed with a lot of heart. So kudos to my super-talented team that makes it an absolute pleasure to come to work each day.
Herewith, my top 10 personal favorite moments from an issue to remember.
10. This killer shot of Kings County Distillery's barrel room in Brooklyn's Navy Yard. It's just one of many images in this issue shot by Lonny's new photo editor, Genevieve Garruppo, who started about a month ago and certainly hit the ground running. The talented Ms. Garruppo is a name to be reckoned with—watch this space. We're glad to say we got to have her way back when.
9. Interior designer Lee Kleinhelter's glamorous black-and-white living room in Atlanta's Sovereign building. Look at the depth those walls have—they practically sing.
8. Sometimes when you're looking at a ton of images all day, your eye wants to see something pared way back. Enter Jessica Sample's photos of Perivolas, in Santorini, Greece. This particular spread is so minimal yet lush and possesses the dreaminess inherent to that honeymoon mood.
7. Loving the idea behind the new company Project B. I can't wait to pick up this cool print for the bare wall behind my dining-room table!
6. This lovely piece on the Hamptons (on New York's Long Island) gets me in the mood for summer. Looking forward to heading out there for a blissful long weekend or two—and stopping in to see what the always-spectacular Monc XIII has in store.
5. Up now, Family Portrait at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Tina Barney's image on the right just slays me.
4. There were many beautiful moments from the Natori feature story, but this one touches my heart in a way that every mother can relate to.
3. One of the best parts of my job is the introduction it provides to many fascinating people who live inspiring lives around the world. In this issue, the one who embodies that most for me is Ariane Dutzi. Look at how she positively radiates in the opening spread of her feature, another photo winner by Genevieve Garruppo.
2. Oh my goodness. Could Jaime King (or the Gramercy Park Hotel, for that matter) be any more gorgeous?
1. And finally, my favorite moment of all from an issue full of delights. We absolutely love the four couples in our 38-page wedding portfolio; each of their weddings felt incredibly special and rich in details and ideas, and we were so honored to be able to feature them in Lonny. But can we all just take a moment and celebrate that we live in a time and place where this is now legally possible? Thank you, New York State.
Enjoy the issue.
Irene Edwards, Lonny executive editor