DIY Felt Coasters to Make Your Girls' Night In More Adorable
Lonny contributor Steph Hung shows us how to make these charming monogrammed coasters — no sewing necessary.
Winter nights are perfect for cozy girls' nights in. Whether you're dishing about The Bachelor over cosmos or analyzing your latest book club read over a glass of pinot noir, there's always a way to make your cocktail nights more chic. Enter Lonny contributor and DIY extraordinaire Steph Hung, who showed us how to add some homemade charm to our libations with these colorful monogrammed coasters. They're great for protecting your tabletops and helping guests keep track of their drinks. And the best part? No sewing skills necessary. Read on to find out how you can create these crafty coasters.
- wool felt (we used colors for the top and white for the bottom)
- fusible interfacing
- detail scissors
- fabric scissors
- circle template (a jar lid will work well)
1. Start with a 4" felt square. Draw a letter onto your top felt.
2. Carefully cut the letter out with the detail scissors.
3. Layer the fusible interfacing between your top and bottom pieces and iron them together.
4. Trace the circle template onto the felt sandwich.
5. Carefully cut the coaster out.
6. Have friends over for drinks to show off your DIY felt coaster prowess.