These DIY Custom Banners Make the Perfect Personalized Gift
You can use your favorite saying, a personal motto, or the names of a happy couple.
There's just something about personalized presents. Sure, it's a whole lot easier to go to the store and buy something you know will be perfectly fine, but where's the fun in that? Enter Lonny contributor and DIY extraordinaire Steph Hung, who showed us how to create these simple yet chic personalized fabric banners in just a few easy steps. They're perfect for engagement gifts, BFF inside jokes, and even personal mottos for your own wall. Read on to find out how you can create these adorable DIY banners.
- canvas fabric
- iron-on letters
- sewing machine (or needle and thread)
1. Spell your phrase onto the canvas. Affix letters with the iron according to manufacturing instructions.
2. Mark a banner shape (I measured 3" from the letters), remembering to double the fabric for the back.
3. Cut out the banner.
4. Fold the banner in half.
5. Sew around the edge with a 1/4" seam allowance, remember to leave a 3/4" opening at the top on either side for the dowel.
6. Slide the dowel through the channel.
7. Tie a hanging string.