10 Questions with Cheree Berry, the founder of Cheree Berry Paper.
1. What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
Designing the wedding stationery for a certain former president's daughter.
2. What is your most prized possession?
My sister framed my first business card, and it's hanging above my desk. I'd say it would have to be that. Oh, and my daily moisturizer.
3. Who is the person who most embodies “style”?
My former boss at kate spade, Julie Leach, has great style! She recently started her own line, Chance.
4. In what historical period would you most like to have lived?
I would go back to the 1920s so I could invent bubble gum before Walter Diemer. And I'd love to dance the Charleston, too!
5. What does a person's stationery say about them?
Personalized stationery says so much about a person! Are you a monogram, flat-card, beveled-edge person? Or are you a full-name script, fold-over, pattern person? The former usually says traditional and classic, while the latter says energetic and independent.
6. With what fictional character do you most identify?
John Midas in the children's book The Chocolate Touch because I wish that everything I touched turned to chocolate, too.
7. Where do you feel most inspired?
The bathroom! The girls in the office make fun of me because I usually come out of the bathroom with ideas. I guess it's the only time I really have to myself at the office.
8. What can a written note communicate that an e-mail can't?
I love written correspondence because you can see a person's handwriting! Getting a handwritten note from someone is the second best thing to talking to him or her in person. And e-mails get deleted, while special notes get tucked away for a rainy day.
9. In your next life, who or what would you most like to be?
I'd be a meteorologist! I have a minor obsession with the weather.
10. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Sitting in front of a perfectly lit and decorated Christmas tree with the fireplace burning.