Meet the mother-and-daughter duo behind Suzanne McGrath Design and the blog Good Bones, Great Pieces.
1. What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
Writing a book together was by far our greatest accomplishment. Watching an idea we had talked about for years around our dining room table come to life was an unbelievable experience.
2. What is your most prized possession?
Our immediate family.
3. What's the most versatile piece of furniture that should be in everyone's home?
Every home should have a slipper chair. It moves from room to room effortlessly, making it a go-to seating option for small and big spaces alike.
4. What characteristics make a piece of furniture beautiful?
Clean lines, good construction, beautiful color (if painted) or patina (if wood.)
5. Who is the person who most embodies style?
Robert Couturier. His taste is impeccable, and yet he’s incredibly modest.
6. In what historical period would you most like to have lived?
The future. The best is yet to come.
7. With what fictional character do you most identify?
Mary Tyler Moore. We love her independence and positive, can-do attitude.
8. Where do you feel most inspired?
Traveling and visiting gracious homes of all kinds.
9. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
The satisfaction we get from working our hardest to decorate a beautiful home and then walking away knowing we’ve exceeded our client’s expectations.
10. In your next life, who would you most like to be?
A fashion stylist.